What are the SSoF Spring Sessions?
As a Higher Educational Institution it is of vital importance for us to be part of the ever-evolving industry; to stay abreast of current trends, developments and to build strong and lasting relationships with role-players and thought-leaders in order for us to develop content and courses that remain relevant. For this purpose STADIO School of Fashion (SSoF) is creating a new and exciting way to engage with different role players in the fashion industry in order to create a platform for the entire value chain to participate in discussions, to debate, to network, and ultimately to support the development of the industry. We are calling this new endeavor SPRING SESSIONS.
We have identified a shortlist of industry experts – people who have made an invaluable contribution in the South African Fashion industry and who are regarded as authorities in their specialised fields or roles, the concept is to create a virtual environment where these experts can directly engage with our SSoF Lecturers, on specific topics current to the South African Fashion Industry.
As an attendee you will be able to access the sessions and also engage in the discussions, allowing you to not only listen to our industry experts and our school’s academic leaders debate and explore these relevant topics, but also giving you the opportunity to add your input and direct questions.
How will it work?
- From mid-August, we will host weekly talks with specific topics that will be addressed through an online panel discussion.
- SSOF will host the sessions on an online platform designed to connect, debate and network.
- Speakers will consist of industry experts (local and international) and SSOF staff moderators
- Alumni, students, staff and industry partners will be invited to partake while the sessions will be made freely accessible to the public
- Public participation will be encouraged through a Q+A session at the end of each session.